Insecurity

Four Top Commanders of Boko Haram surrendered to Nigerian troops

By Zagazola Makama 

Advertisement

Four top Commander of the Jamā’at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da’wah wa’l-Jihād Boko Haram  terrorists have surrendered to the Nigerian troops in Borno State.

The Commanders, Mala’ana (Khaid), titled a Governor, Abu Dauda (Munzir), Modu Yalee, (Commander)  Bin Diska, (Nakif), laid down their arms on December  12, 2022 to troops of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) patrolling Gwoza LGA.

An Intelligence Sources, told Zagazola Makama, a Counter-Insurgency Expert and Security Analyst, in the Lake Chad region, that the insurgents came out from Sambisa where they had been hiding and waging campaigns of terror from the forest.

The sources said that they were former Commanders of Abubakar Shekau at Njimiya camp but laid down their arms and moved  to join ISWAP in the Lake Chad after  the invasion of Sambisa Forest in May 2021, which led to the death of Shekau.

However, the four commanders later denounced ISWAP, and fled to Sambisa where they pitched thier tent and operated on their own.

They surrendered for fear of battle field elimination due to the sustained intensified onslaught on the terrorists hideouts as well as rivalry attacks.
Meanwhile, Maj-Gen Christopher Musa, The theatre commander of “Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK),” has said about 83,000 Boko Haram members have so far  surrendered and are currently undergoing rehabilitation at various various facilities.

Musa who stated this on December 16, when he visited Governor Mai Mala Buni as part of a tour of command and formations under his control, said the kinetic and non-kinetic approaches led them to massively surrender.

The theatre commander who described the operations of the command as a success, said over half of the 83, 000 were children which if they had not surrendered could be fighters too.

He said, “God has been very magnanimous for us, we have received a lot of surrendered individuals. We are moving almost 83, 000 now, out of that number, over 41, 000 are children.

READ MORE:  Bank robbery: Police confirm two officers dead in Osun

“The terrorists are trying to develop new set of terrorists, their own children and that would have been very dangerous because you know normally for children when they grow up and whatever they see is what they copy.
“So, if they grow and think killing is natural, they become very dangerous.

The theatre commander who commended the chief of army staff for his support said that the military and other security agencies will continue to devise and implement effective strategies to bring terrorism in the region to a speedy end.

“Whatever it takes, whatever it needs for us to have peace, we are determined to achieve that. The chief of army staff has been very, very supportive in all we are doing and that has made our work much, much easier,” he added.

Dear Reader,
Every day, we strive to bring the most accurate, up-to-date, and complete information to our readers like you. It requires money to produce good journalism. We're asking for your help today to help us do more. Your contribution ensures that Metro Times can continue to provide good journalism to people all over the world.  Donate or sign up for as little as N1,000 to become a member. Learn more about our membership here

Bank transfers can be made to:
Union Bank Plc
0139921998
Micnaij Media Ltd


Inquiries:
Email: info@metrotimesonline.com
Whatsapp: +234 701 162 0455